Sunday, April 26, 2015

Welcome to The Skeptical Prepper

Hello, everyone! My name is Bill Hunsicker and I am new to prepping. I have been thinking about prepping for a long time but was put off by the unfortunate image created by certain TV shows such as Doomsday Preppers.

I discovered a podcast called Survivalist Prepper that showed that you don't have to be crazy to be interested in Disaster Preparedness. Dale Goodwin, the creator of Survivalist Prepper, believes that you should prepare for the natural disasters in your area first and then think about preparing for events such as the collapse of society (or whatever you are concerned about) once you have the basics down.

If you're looking for predictions about world war three or the collapse of the Dollar, you are in the wrong place. This blog will be more of a journal of my journey into Disaster Preparedness awareness.
I will occasionally talk about my perspective on the collapse of society or the likelihood of a long term grid down (power outage) event but I will mostly talk about my efforts to prepare for natural disasters in my area on a limited budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment